The Institute for Caribbean Studies (ICS) led by Dr. Claire Nelson has announced its selection of Jamaican-American reggae artist Laza Morgan as Musical Ambassador for National Caribbean American Heritage Month (NCAHM).
As NCAHM Musical Ambassador Laza will help spread the word to a younger audience that June is Caribbean American Heritage Month. He will also serve as a role model to other young Caribbean American musicians and artists.
Laza Morgan is the son of acclaimed Jamaican music legend and hit maker, reggae singer Denroy Morgan. Laza was born into the Morgan Heritage Family Dynasty of reggae music and has been surrounded by music his entire life. Laza grew up in Brooklyn, NY, attended school in Springfield, MA and lived in a distinctly Jamaican household.
This year the NCAHM Musical Ambassador Program is being managed through RedCarpetShelley.com who has signed on as a National Media Partner. RedCarpetShelley.com is fast becoming the mecca for Caribbean Entertainment news.
- Cuban Ambassador Calls for Cooperation among Caribbean Nations through Art (repeatingislands.com)
- Bahamas culture (abovetherimnews.wordpress.com)
- MTL Intl Reggae Fest (liverockcanada.wordpress.com)
- Atlanta Caribbean American Movers and Shakers Networking Event (PICTURES) (highlanda.net)
- Caribbean-American Heritage Month and the U.S. Census Bureau (repeatingislands.com)
- A Job Working With Jamaican Tourism Doesn’t Sound Too Bad (madamenoire.com)
- JUNE/JULY 2013: What To Do in South Florida & the Keys (cookmixmingle.com)
- Caribbean Pride: Philly Carnival 2013 [PHOTOS] (sincerelysyreeta.com)
- Brand new morgan heritage album in stores (jamscratchmag.wordpress.com)
- Jamaica Eyes Expatriates as Source of Investment (atlantablackstar.com)