You are INVITED to Come out and enjoy great food, health awareness information, natural products and authentic reggae music on Sunday, October 6, 2013 at The Health and Wellness Reggae Music Festival.
- Massive Caribbean Fever, Irie Jamboree Festival set for Labor Day Weekend in New York (sierraexpressmedia.com)
- VP Releases Various Artists Album ‘Reggae Gold 2013′ (highlanda.net)
- Rock on up to the Mullum Music Festival (visitnsw.com)
- Calgary International Reggae Festival celebrates 10 crazy years of (mostly) happy times (metronews.ca)
- Sat., Aug. 31, One Love One Heart Reggae Music Festival > This reggae festival features locals and international reggae artists. (newsreview.com)
- Music Stores to Visit in Atlanta (apartmentguide.com)
- My music !!!! me love some reggae (diabeticyourvtour.wordpress.com)
- Meet the SEC head coach that loves reggae music (ftw.usatoday.com)
Young, Gifted & Yellow is a 2 CD / DVD Anthology of the legendary Yellowman the inimitable deejay whose style and originality broke Jamaican dancehall to international acclaim in the mid 1980s.
In stores now, the deluxe package includes:
- 40 re-mastered tracks including rare & classic favorites
- A full 25 minute concert performance DVD recorded at Reggae Sunsplash in 1988
- Sleeve notes written by Reggae historian Noel Hawkes
- Reggae Sunsplash 1981 (midnightraverblog.com)
- Damian Marley to rock the boat on reggae cruise (caribbean360.com)
- Montreal International Reggae Festival 2013: first wave of artists announced (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Laza Morgan Named Musical Ambassador for National Caribbean American Heritage Month (highlanda.net)
- Damian Marley (repeatingislands.com)
- Karamanti’s Positive Dancehall Reigns Victorious (highlanda.net)
The announcement of the 12 honorees for the 2013 Caribbean American Networking and Social Media Series officially took place via Facebook on Monday May 6, 2013. The Networking and Social Media Series, will present savvy and innovative ways in advertising, and promoting to the cross cultural and international audience. Those attending the event will dive head first into the social media promotional gifts and giveaways throughout the night.
The annual recognition identifies professionals and civic minded individuals of Caribbean heritage, living in the metro Atlanta area, who have contributed to the multicultural community. This year’s honorees include: Film Producer Roger Bobb; Songwriters Rock City aka Planet VI; Reggae Ambassador: Gramps Morgan, Da Flava Radio: Rico Vibes, Star Time Inc: Levi MacSween, Radio Pioneer Glen Simmonds, The Whatz Happening Editor: Annette Lemonn; Film Producer: John P Wheatley; Georgia Caribbean Association President; Jackie Watson: Caribbean Star Magazine, and the Black Latino Council. The 2013 Caribbean American Movers and Shakers Networking Series includes a series of promotional events, in the prime markets of Atlanta, Georgia, New York City and Miami,Florida, throughout the year.
The Caribbean Media Network, in conjunction with affiliates, will host this memorable networking celebration on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at Atlanta’s new hot spot, Kouture (formerly Fins) Restaurant and Lounge, which is under new management by KCE Bars. This luxury venue is located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta,which will serve as an urban oasis for this year’s celebration. The event will start promptly at 7:00p.m.. (RSVP Required) .
The 2013 Atlanta Networking Event, will be hosted by Caribbean American Diva, Red Carpet Shelley, who serves as an ambassador of Caribbean entertainment, lifestyle, and culture. The atmosphere will be highlighted by the international Highlanda Sound along side some special invited guests.
For more information on RSVP and celebrity involvement: Please contact Caribbean Media Network at 404-455-2944 or email email@example.com.
@cmnusa @redcarpetshelle @highlanda
- Caribbean American Movers and Shakers Networking Series (highlanda.net)
- Caribbean American Carnival 2013 in Phoenix (mosoiradionews.wordpress.com)
- The Best Food in the world is Caribbean Food (sacdblog.wordpress.com)
- Joint Venture Promises Broadband Benefits with Potential Risks for Latin American, Caribbean Markets (circleid.com)
- The Bahamas tops Caribbean list for wealthy US visitors (caribbean360.com)
- Connecting the Caribbean with its overseas community (dominicantoday.com)
Recognizing Caribbean American Cross-Cultural Contributions to the Global Marketplace
The 2013 Caribbean American Networking and Social Media Series will kick off in Atlanta, Georgia on Thursday May 23, 2013. The annual recognition identifies professionals and civic minded individuals of Caribbean heritage, living in the metro Atlanta area, who have contributed to the multicultural community. Our honorees were carefully considered amongst an excellent slate of distinguished nominees, which includes film producers, songwriters, executives, doctors, and community leaders. The accomplishments of our honorees, play a significant role in the continued growth of the metro Atlanta area, and surrounding counties.
The Caribbean Media Network, in conjunction with affiliates, will host a memorable networking celebration on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at Fins Restaurant and Lounge, located in Midtown Atlanta. The event will start promptly at 7:00p.m. The event timing has a notable significance for Caribbean Americans in Atlanta, as the city plays host to the 25th Anniversary of Atlanta Caribbean Festival, on May 25, 2013.
The 2013 Caribbean American Movers and Shakers Networking Series includes a series of promotional events, in the prime markets of Atlanta, Georgia, New York City, and Miami, Florida, throughout the year. The 2013 Atlanta Networking Event, will be hosted by Caribbean American Diva, Red Carpet Shelley, who serves as an ambassador of Caribbean lifestyle and culture. Music will be provided by radio personalities Kahlil Wonda and Super Pec of Highlanda Sound, throughout the evening.
For more information on RSVP and celebrity involvement: Please contact Caribbean Media Network at 404-455-2944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- CLIMAX Every Thursday at FINS Atlanta Restaurant & Lounge (highlanda.net)
- TV and Film Production Growth Brings Thousands of Jobs to Atlanta Area (atlantablackstar.com)
- The Caribbean Faces a Darkening Debt Storm (atlantablackstar.com)
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate drops to 7.9 percent (onlineathens.com)
- Haiti hosts summit of Latin American, Caribbean leaders (sacbee.com)
- Two real estate auctions sell 480 Ga. properties, bring $5.7M (bizjournals.com)
In this latest installment of Reggae Legends, Fred Locks is featured with a 4 CD box set.
The first 3 are classic albums and the fourth “Black Star Liner In Dub” is a new unreleased album. This box set contains 47 tracks of classic roots and dub.
- Masta Selecta & Reggae Resurrecta: Steve Barrow and the Rise and Fall of Blood & Fire (midnightraverblog.com)
- Shaggy and Hotly-Tipped New Rapper Bizerk Team Up with Producer Don Corleon on Celebratory New Single “Like To Party” (prweb.com)
Passion, politics and poverty collide as this stunning love story unfolds against a backdrop of political turmoil.
Storm Saulter’s award-winning Better Mus’ Come, starring Sheldon Shepard of Jamaican dub poetry group No-Maddz and model/actress/singer Nicole “Sky” Grey, has been heralded as one of the best Caribbean films since The Harder They Come.
AFFRM’s new Array label will debut this Jamaican jewel with special one-night engagements on March 13 in Philadelphia, DC, Houston, Seattle and Chicago. Then the film hits theaters in NYC and LA for week-long engagements beginning Friday, March 15.
- Mavado’s “Take It” Video Gets Exclusive Premiere on Billboard (highlanda.net)
- Caribbean Court of Justice Sitting in Jamaica – Significant (newsandviewsbydjmillerja.wordpress.com)
- Call for submissions for trinidad+tobago film festival 2013 (repeatingislands.com)
- Caribbean Film Highlights at the 2013 Pan African Film Festival (repeatingislands.com)