Gargamel Music, Inc. is thrilled to announce that Jamaican music icon, Buju Banton, has been nominated for a trio of 2010 International Reggae & World Music Awards (IRAWMA): Recording Artist Of The Year, Best Album for Rasta Got Soul and Best Crossover Song for “Can’ t Be My Lover,” his recent hit collabo with R&B star, John Legend.
Banton and the Gargamel Music family sincerely thank IRAWMA founder Mr. Martin Ephraim, the entire IRAWMA staff, and of course, the fans for the love and continued support at this time. The 29th Annual International Reggae & World Music Awards ceremony will be held on Sunday, May 2nd at York College Performing Arts Center in Jamaica (Queens), New York.
In other Buju Banton music news, the one-off single, “Time And A Place” (John John) on the scorching Coming In From The Cold riddim has skyrocketed to #1 on both the New York Top 30 Reggae Chart and South Florida Top 25 Reggae Chart. The album Rasta Got Soul is currently #2 on both the New York Top 20 Albums Chart and the South Florida Top 15 Albums Chart. The new “Optimistic Soul” single (plus bonus instrumental) will be released digitally on March 23rd.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Buju Banton Arrest: Found with 5 Kilos of Cocaine (blippitt.com)
- Buju Banton on US drug charge (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Machel Montano Releases Album 34 (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- Reggae star Buju Banton pleads not guilty (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Reggae star Buju Banton charged with setting up cocaine deal (thestar.com)