The 7th CaribbeanTales Toronto Showcase opens on Wednesday September 5, 2012, with a Gala Launch and the Canadian Premiere of the internationally celebrated Black British music documentary, The Story of Lover’s Rock.
The event kicks off with a reception at Harbourfront’s Lakeshore Terrace, sponsored by the Toronto Consulate of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago, and featuring a live performance by Kobo Town a young “ole time kaiso” band led by Trinidadian Drew Gonzalez.
The Story of Lover’s Rock has already screened to sold out audiences in Great Britain, as well as to full houses at New York’s African Diaspora International Film Festival, the Pan African Film Festival in Los Angeles, and earlier this year at the 3rd annual CaribbeanTales in Barbados.
- Toronto Film Showcase puts spotlight on Caribbean music (repeatingislands.com)
- Why black British drama is going online, not on TV (guardian.co.uk)
- Black British Baptist Leader Says Racism Still a Problem (newstalkcleveland.com)
- Discover Your Block Through Film (theepochtimes.com)
- See The Most Gorgeous Cannes Film Festival Beauty Looks Up Close (bellasugar.com)