In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Jamaica’s independence, Third World Band, one of the world’s longest-running reggae bands, will bring over three decades of their trademark “cutting-edge, positive, progressive, and internationally relevant” music to the Rialto stage. Formed in 1973, the group has released 23 albums, amassing 10 GRAMMY nominations and being awarded the 1986 United Nations Peace Medal. Throughout their storied career, they have collaborated with acts ranging from the Jackson 5 to Bob Marley and The Wailers to Stevie Wonder.
This is a Rialto Series performance.
- The loudest island on the planet (bbc.co.uk)
- New Album Compiled by Edward Seaga: “Reggae Golden Jubilee – Origins of Jamaican Music” (repeatingislands.com)
- Bob Marley & the Wailers: NYC, 1975 (Rare Video) (midnightraverblog.com)
- Lively Up Yourself: ‘Marley’ (Review) (popmatters.com)
- The Wailers’ Koolant Brown channels Bob Marley (miamiherald.com)
- Bob Marley Day proclaimed in Los Angeles (swrnn.com)
- My Top Ten – Bob Marley and the Wailers (tfw5.com)