Here is a video of Terri K’s weekly Dancehall Now segment, “As Told By Terri K.” She talks about her experience transitioning from a dancehall fanatic living in ATL to an on air radio personality.
At around 1:45 am Mix Master David transitioned from uptempo 90’s dancehall juggling to the one drop beat of lovers rock and culture with Beres Hammond‘s hit ”I Feel Good” followed by Romain Virgo‘s “Can’t Sleep” on the same riddim getting good crowd response. At 2:30 a.m. MMD took it back to basics, again to the liking of the audience, with “Greetings” by Half Pint. Some classic Beres, Buju, and Wayne Wonder songs followed. David then changed the vibes again with a big hip hop set consisting of songs by The Fugees and Black Rob to start out.
It had to be close to 3 o’clock when the 1st new music from artists of the day like Konshens and Mavado was featured in the dance. During this part of the dance the selector English from Gyallis International took over the mixing duties as Mix Master continued as MC. Then DJ Kash of WVEE Atlanta V-103FM came to the booth and challenged MMD to a tune for tune 45 clash which went on for a few rounds before the event’s format was resumed and the first performer was called to the stage.
Atlanta dancehall star Dovey Magnum opened for Cham with a performance that earned cheers of support from Club Pisces. She opened with a song dedicated to her father who passed away and after delivering 2 more singles, closed with an accapella delivery of “Kitty Tight” which was originally recorded on the Red Paint Riddim.
Cham’s appearance on stage attracted a front row of female admirers and earned energetic responses in general. He remained present for about an hour and gave a very solid show. Cham worked the entire stage from front to back and left to right, taking the time to perform most songs completely. With a long catalog of hits he began with Ghetto Story, Man A Man, and Babylon Boy, before throwing it back to his pre-MTV/BET days and then advancing to the present day hits like ‘Tun Up,’ ‘Drop It‘ and ‘Wine.’ I have never seen Baby Cham disappoint. This event definitely came together so kudos to the promoters Unitec Entertainment, as well as Mix Master David, English, and DJ Kash. I am also looking forward to seeing Dovey Magnum do her thing again as she opens up for Beenie Man next month.
- Brand New Official HD Video for Gyptian’s hit song “Overtime” (highlanda.net)
- New Album from Beres Hammond “One Love , One Life” (highlanda.net)
- Review: Beres Hammond is classic on new double CD (miamiherald.com)
- Jamaica’s Soulful and Rhythmic Legend Beres Hammond with Reggae Fusion Sensation Maxi Priest Perform at Hard Rock Live (browardnetonline.com)
- Reggae Superstar Beres Hammond To Perform With ‘Roots’ On Late Night With Jimmy Fallon (hot937.cbslocal.com)
- Dancehall Now Interviews Dancehall Singer Toi (highlanda.net)
Stone Mountain holiday event called “Privilege, The Swag vs Class Edition” with the sounds of Stone Love, Waggy T, and Innercity alongside Negus and Jahfrika. Check out this unique flyer design.
Check out the brand new Official HD video for Gyptian‘s hit song “Overtime.”
“Overtime” from Gyptian is featured on Reggae Gold 2012 and is the lead track from the Overtime riddim. Produced by Justus Arison (Overproof Riddim), the track captures Gyptian expressing his passions for the ladies as only he can. The mid-tempo groove has a strong appeal for females and the vocal performance is consistent with Gyptian favorites from recent past.
- Gyptian Drops New EP Entitled SLR (highlanda.net)
- Ras Penco working on new album, striving with ‘Mama Love.’ (examiner.com)
- Tiana Hits MTV (highlanda.net)
DANCEHALL NOW Interviews multi-talented dancehall singer Toi. This Jamaican-American singer, songwriter, composer, and producer is destined for great things in the dancehall and reggae music industry. Multi-platinum producer extraordinaire, Don Corleon, and dancehall reggae sensation, Konshens, are among the many big names that have recognized the potential for greatness, and are currently working with the upcoming artiste.
- Stacious, First Lady of Mavado’s Gully Squad (highlanda.net)
- Mixtape: 2012 Dancehall from Sean Paul to I-Octane (highlanda.net)
- Mixtape: 2012 Dancehall From Junior Gong to Busy Signal (highlanda.net)
- Jemere Morgan Carrying On Tradition (highlanda.net)
- Dancehall Reggae Artist Khago’s House Robbed (damionhinds.typepad.com)
- Reggae Music (dareggaespot.me)
- Sean Paul done with dancehall (contactmusic.com)