Dancehall star David “Mavado” Brooks makes history as the first Caribbean artist to receive an exclusive video premiere on Billboard, with his new single “Take It” featuring Karian Sang.
Distributed by Zojak World Wide and produced by Troyton Music, the blockbuster dancehall pop single debuted back in September and has been steadily gaining momentum on the international market, peaking at #1 on the BBC 1Xtra and Choice-FM charts in December, and also hitting #1 on CHRY 105.5FM in Toronto.
The track also steams up airwaves in South Florida on Miami’s hit station WEDR-99Jamz, and continues to enjoy airplay on reggae specialty programming, globally.
“Zojak World Wide/Troyton Music utilized top tier radio DJ pools to get the track played in major markets,” states Zoe Espitia, CEO of Zojak World Wide. “The company also secured radio interviews with commercial stations in the US and Canada, and enlisted Rhona Fox of Fox Fuse as the PR for the video.”
Signed to We The Best/YMCMB, Mavado continues to thrill dancehall fans by staying true to the genre, despite his evolving move beyond dancehall borders.
“Now aligned with a powerful hip-hop conglomerate, Mavado nonetheless has pledged allegiance to the music that birthed his career,”writes Billboard journalist Patricia Meschino, in the exclusive premiere on March 4, 2013.
- The International Top Rated 8 Dancehall/Reggae Songs 2-12-13 (highlanda.net)
- Reggae Sensation Mavado Posing in Robin’s Jean in Instagram Photo (prweb.com)
- Exclusive Gist: Snoop Lion’s Daughter Cori B, Drake, Chris Brown To Feature On His New Album ‘Reincarnated’ (doublesixfive.wordpress.com)
- Dancehall Now Podcast Episode 65 with Alison Hinds (highlanda.net)
- Snoop Lion Feat. Mavado & Popcaan – Lighters Up (Video) (dajaz1.com)
- Uk Radio News: Reggae Dj David Rodigan Joins Bbc 1xtra (madnewsuk.com)
- Snoop Lion’s Reincarnated Album Features Drake, Chris Brown, Busta Rhymes (rapfix.mtv.com)