Reggae/dancehall blockbuster hit makers Sly & Robbie present dancehall female singjay Danielle “DI” in her debut studio effort, The Rebel, now in stores from Tad’s Record.
Born Danielle Isaacs and raised a stone’s throw away from the home of the legendary Bob Marley in Kingston, Jamaica, Danielle is determined to follow in his footsteps as an ambassador for her homeland.
The Rebel accomplishes this ambitious goal and catapults this music sensation towards fulfilling her dream of being a global sensation.
Working with legendary producers and songwriters on eight sizzling tracks, Danielle “DI” is following a formula for sure success.
She also collaborates with some of the top names in reggae and dancehall, including Cherine Anderson on the title track “Rebel,” dancehall great Shabba Ranks on “Big Man,” and reggae royalty Gramps Morgan on “Sexual Healing.”
“Putting out this album has a bit of excitement to it because it’s a different kind of a showcase of dancehall from a female point of view,” reveal producers Sly & Robbie and Orville “Rory” Baker.
Known to fans as the ‘Rebel Princess of Dancehall,’ Danielle “DI” has been on the scene for some time, honing her skills and working on her craft with the likes of Beenie Man, Ce’Cile and Vybz Kartel.
- Sly and Robbie – reggae bass and drums by the masters (parkereactmusic.wordpress.com)
- Black Uhuru- Puff She Puff (reggaehistory.wordpress.com)
- Nicki Minaj And Busta Rhymes Collaborate For Track Spoken Entirely In Jamaican Patois (biigbattygyal.com)
- Reggae pioneer Ansel Collins (macgelinfinity.wordpress.com)
- Cherine Anderson Launches Scholarship Programme (jamscratchmag.wordpress.com)
- Turbulance “The Future” Zim/sa Tour 2013 (triplecrownsoundsystemsa.wordpress.com)
- Ini Kamoze Live in Los Angeles 1985 (midnightraverblog.com)
- Damian Marley (repeatingislands.com)
- New Album From Sizzla: The Messiah In Stores May 28, 2013 (highlanda.net)