I had an eye-opening conversation with Atlanta-based organizer for social justice, Ben Speight.
- Ben tells how and why he fell in love with Reggae.
- He talks about reggae as the soundtrack to movements of social change over the years.
- He discusses the history of Ska and Roots Reggae, highlighting the political content.
- He draws comparisons between Motown and music from the Rocksteady and UK Lover’s eras.
- Hear his thoughts on dancehall, Cali reggae, and the new school of roots rockers coming out of Jamaica.
This interview, episode 100 of the Reggae Lover podcast, is a testament to the diversity and power of reggae music. Like my guest said, please continue to support reggae music artists, musicians, DJs, and promoters.
iHeartRadio: Listen and Follow here.
STITCHER RADIO: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
TUNE IN RADIO: FAVORITE AND LISTEN HERE.
APPLE PODCASTS: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN VIA ITUNES.