This showcase of 2018 roots reggae material kicks off with ‘Movers and Shakers’ by Deep Jahi, one of Jamaica’s breakout artists for 2018.
New roots chanter Fyakin delivers ‘I Story’ on the Top Shelf Riddim produced by The Expanders and Walshy Fire from Major Lazer.
Also listen out for:
- A few singles from Exco Levi’s “Narrative,” an excellent album released in November 2017 by Silly Walks Disco.
- Lutan Fyan with ‘From the Dust’ on the Anti-Racism Riddim.
- Queen Africa with ‘Black Woman‘ from her album of the same title.
- Sizzla and Junior Kelly with a late 2017 entry called ‘All I See Is War‘ on the Unity Riddim.
- From Kabaka Pyramid’s debut album “Kontraband,” ‘Make Way’ featuring Pressure Buss Pipes.
- The title track ‘Kontraband’ featuring Damian Jr Gong Marley. ‘Blessed is the Man’ with Kabaka Pyramid and Chronixx.
- Germany’s Razoof with Jamaican singer Keida on ‘A Plan,’ the opening track of his album “Kiwafu.”
- Off the “Journey to Greatness” album, a 2018 project from Ras Fraser Junior – ‘Show Love’ and ‘The Source of Life.’
- Grammy-nominated group Raging Fyah with the single ‘Rebel.’
- A new single from I Jah KNOWAH called ‘Praise Jah.’
- ‘No Guarantee’ featuring Chronixx and ‘Truths and Rights’ with Mortimer from Protoje’s new album, “A Matter of Time.”
- Beres Hammond with ‘I’m Alive‘ which can be heard on Reggae Gold 2018.
- A new entry from Tanya Stephens on The Glass House Riddim called ‘Touch the Road.‘
- Wayne Marshall featuring Tessanne Chin and Ryan Mark singing ‘Glory to God‘ – a very big tune!
- A new Luciano song called ‘War and Crime‘ on the Super Weapon Riddim.
- Shuga’s ‘Nah Stop Try’ on the History No Mystery Riddim, a Penthouse Records production.
- ‘God is In Control‘ by Charly Black giving praises to The Almighty.
IHEARTRADIO: LISTEN AND FOLLOW HERE.
STITCHER RADIO: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
TUNE IN RADIO: FAVORITE AND LISTEN HERE.
SOUNDCLOUD: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD OR PLAY EPISODE.
APPLE PODCASTS: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN VIA ITUNES.
Please feel free to republish and/or share. Thanks
Is it Republicable?