This conversation, featuring Carry On Friends podcast host Kerry-Ann Reid-Brown, centered around sound systems and dancehall.
PLAY THIS EPISODE NOW
- Kerry-Ann’s huge sound system cassette collection and her favorite sounds.
- Our preferences for Jamaican and New York-based sounds.
- Nuances of dancehall such as DJs who play a balanced mixture of dubplates and girl tunes.
- The difference between a party and a “dance.”
- The lost arts of the early warm and early juggling.
- Predictable playlists and the lack of creativity that’s prevalent today.
- Reminiscing about dancehall back in the 90s.
- Jamaica’s apparent complacency towards its greatest cultural export.
NEW! Reggae Lover Merch.
Support Reggae Lover on Patreon.
Join our newsletter for updates and exclusive content.
Public Podcast Page.