It’s finally here!! Live Reggae on the South West side of Atlanta, 10 minutes from Downtown and right in your back yard! Come enjoy “The Worlds Favorite Music” at the West Atlanta Beltline Jewel, Live EdgeATL Restaurant & Bar.
Atlanta Reggae DJ Kahlil Wonda from Highlanda Sound will be mixing roots and lovers rock reggae tracks with a touch of Soca for dancing. Performing live with his band will be Tijani Concious , a premier local Reggae artist making waves all over the world.
LiveEdge ATL invites a diverse audience to enjoy the vibrant music and arts scene that Atlanta has become known for. 792 Cascade Avenue SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 | 404. 758. 0015 | Events: firstname.lastname@example.org | Weekly Live Entertainment | $5 Valet Parking
As far as researchers understand, dance has been a way for potential mates to be noticed. That especially rings true for the animal kingdom. From birds of paradise to spiders and insects, dance can separate the suitors from the spectators.
The reason for the development of dance among humans, however, is not as well comprehended. Evolutionists certainly attach to the theory that, just like our animal neighbors, dance has been a way to sift out the best mate for family rearing. Apart from the potentially long-term benefits of having your genes passed on to another generation, dancing has more short term health benefits as well, especially when referencing partner dancing.
The history of partner dancing in the Caribbean is colorful and varied but, arguably, the most popular of such is wining. This is where two individuals, usually a male and female who are attracted to one another, dance in rhythm while in constant contact with the hip area of each other’s bodies. Because of the very unique and seductive style of this type of dance, research has been able to shine some light on the effects this type of dance has on the human body.
Consider these physiological responses your body has to wining.
- Raises the Beat: This type of dance will increase your heart rate and allowing your heart to pump faster in short periods will promote better heart health and more efficient blood circulation.
- Gets you High, Naturally: Dopamine is the chemical that mediates pleasure in the brain. It is released during pleasurable situations and stimulates one to seek out the pleasurable activity or occupation.
- Gives you a Chill Pill: The initial anticipation of a nice wine from an attractive person can be stressful, and in response, our bodies release a hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol stimulates gluconeogenesis (the formation of glucose) and activates anti-stress and anti-inflammatory pathways. (..allowing the ride to be smooth consuming..)
- Your senses get a Front Row Seat: Being that close during a wine allows your subconscious to get a better “view” at a potential love interest. Pheromone levels peaks, pupils may constrict or widen (depending on the level of attraction), supplemental touching may or may not ensue, breathing may become erratic, and other indicators our subconscious calculates in order to determine if that person will be worth an investment beyond the wine. (..harder to do when preeing from across a dark dancehall..)
- A Boost of Manly: For men (and women, minimally) , the hormone testosterone can peak up to 13 percent! This is the hormone that may help you woo a woman, improves cognitive ability, increases libido and improves erections (For men. But you knew that), strengthens bones, increases muscle mass, and decreases body fat.
So as you can see, there can be much to gain from giving a wine or two with that bloke or bird that you already had an eye on. (Research suggests that the same benefits detailed above cannot be had by dancing with partners of the same sex of where there is no physical attraction.)
Listen to Highlanda Sound at Electric Dancehall Atlanta live (8_20_16) Explicit by HIGHLANDA SOUND #Reggae #np on #SoundCloud
I’m pleased to announce the newest cocktail on the menu at WildPitch Music Hall is “The Highlanda,” featuring top shelf Jamaican rum.
And what better way to debut a new cocktail than with a drink special? Order “The Highlanda” for just $5, all night at electric dancehall!
Cheers!!! “I’m drinking rum, and red bull..”
Here is a video recap of what to expect at #electricdancehall.
Here is a quick informational piece about Electric Dancehall from the official host, DREGGAE.
Here is the world famous DJ MARS sharing tips on getting into (and beating the line) for this highly anticipated inaugural special event. Here’s a hint: get there early.
Now, if the wicked talented DJ Line-up and top rated dance music venue complete with a new patio and $5 Highlanda drink special aren’t enough to convince you, then check out this article to see why Mike Jordan, author at Thrillist, included Electric Dancehall in his “things to do in Atlanta this weekend” article.
Don’t miss your chance to grab your spot – the event’s filling up fast!
These discounted tickets will be available until Friday, July 8th so you have 2 days to secure your spot and save $$.
A new year is upon us, so you know what that means! Beer Vibes is BACK AGAIN!!!!! Di ting kickouttt faroutttt WAYYYYOUTTTT for the 2016!Saturday, February 6th 2016 is the date – mark it down on your calendar!!!! Atlanta’s #1 Beer Inclusive event!!! Free Beer and Free Food all nite!!
By now you’ve probably been to a Beer Vibes event before, so you know how CRAZY they get!!! If this is your first time, you’re in for the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!! There is only ONE PARTY that provides you FREE FOOD, FREE BEER ALL NITE, and ATL’s BEST DJs playing reggae/soca/afrobeat/hip-hop for ONE PRICE!!!! Only BEER VIBES!!!! DON’T MISS OUT! Vibes are GUARANTEED!
If you’ve never experienced a Beer Vibes, this is your chance to get on board! Pure Vibes all night! Tickets are ONLY $25 – DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS DEAL!! THE TICKET PRICE WILL GO UP AT THE DOOR!!!!!
FREE BEER ALL NITE!!!
BEERS – Heineken, Lime-a-Rita, Corona, Guinness, Red Stripe
IT’S ALL GOING DOWN RIGHT HERE:
Jolie – An Event Center
5240 Panola Industrial Blvd
GET YOUR ADVANCE TICKETS NOW FOR ONLY $25!!!!!!!!!!!! WHILE SUPPLIES LAST (tickets are very limited)!