Listen to the official promo mix for I-Octane’s May 4th Miami Album Release/Birthday event.
Click image to download podcast.
This is a special edition of Blackfyre Ent’s Madhouse Fridays at Club Fate, 601 Silks Run # 2499, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009.
I-Octane is celebrating his third full-length album “Love & Life!” Preview songs from the album “Love & Life,” including “Up to We”, “Pretty Loud (feat. J Boog)”, “Let Me Love You” and many more. Shaggy, Demarco, Yanique the Curvy Diva, Ginjah, and Romain Virgo have features on the album.
Check out “Love & Life” by I-Octane on Amazon Music, iTunes, Spotify, Google Play Music and more. Stream ad-free from your desktop or mobile device, or buy CD’s and MP3s now.
iHeartRadio: Listen and Follow here.
STITCHER RADIO: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
TUNE IN RADIO: FAVORITE AND LISTEN HERE.
SOUNDCLOUD: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD OR PLAY EPISODE.
APPLE PODCASTS: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN VIA ITUNES.
MIKEY SPARKLE’s FAMILY FUNDAY will be on June 18 at Lithonia Park, 2501 Park Dr, Lithonia, GA.
Bring your cooler and the entire family. There will be something for everyone. Note the change of venue.
Click on the link to get your Early Bird Tickets on sale now.
It’s finally here!! Live Reggae on the South West side of Atlanta, 10 minutes from Downtown and right in your back yard! Come enjoy “The Worlds Favorite Music” at the West Atlanta Beltline Jewel, Live EdgeATL Restaurant & Bar.
Atlanta Reggae DJ Kahlil Wonda from Highlanda Sound will be mixing roots and lovers rock reggae tracks with a touch of Soca for dancing. Performing live with his band will be Tijani Concious , a premier local Reggae artist making waves all over the world.
LiveEdge ATL invites a diverse audience to enjoy the vibrant music and arts scene that Atlanta has become known for. 792 Cascade Avenue SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 | 404. 758. 0015 | Events: email@example.com | Weekly Live Entertainment | $5 Valet Parking
As far as researchers understand, dance has been a way for potential mates to be noticed. That especially rings true for the animal kingdom. From birds of paradise to spiders and insects, dance can separate the suitors from the spectators.
The reason for the development of dance among humans, however, is not as well comprehended. Evolutionists certainly attach to the theory that, just like our animal neighbors, dance has been a way to sift out the best mate for family rearing. Apart from the potentially long-term benefits of having your genes passed on to another generation, dancing has more short term health benefits as well, especially when referencing partner dancing.
The history of partner dancing in the Caribbean is colorful and varied but, arguably, the most popular of such is wining. This is where two individuals, usually a male and female who are attracted to one another, dance in rhythm while in constant contact with the hip area of each other’s bodies. Because of the very unique and seductive style of this type of dance, research has been able to shine some light on the effects this type of dance has on the human body.
Consider these physiological responses your body has to wining.
- Raises the Beat: This type of dance will increase your heart rate and allowing your heart to pump faster in short periods will promote better heart health and more efficient blood circulation.
- Gets you High, Naturally: Dopamine is the chemical that mediates pleasure in the brain. It is released during pleasurable situations and stimulates one to seek out the pleasurable activity or occupation.
- Gives you a Chill Pill: The initial anticipation of a nice wine from an attractive person can be stressful, and in response, our bodies release a hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol stimulates gluconeogenesis (the formation of glucose) and activates anti-stress and anti-inflammatory pathways. (..allowing the ride to be smooth consuming..)
- Your senses get a Front Row Seat: Being that close during a wine allows your subconscious to get a better “view” at a potential love interest. Pheromone levels peaks, pupils may constrict or widen (depending on the level of attraction), supplemental touching may or may not ensue, breathing may become erratic, and other indicators our subconscious calculates in order to determine if that person will be worth an investment beyond the wine. (..harder to do when preeing from across a dark dancehall..)
- A Boost of Manly: For men (and women, minimally) , the hormone testosterone can peak up to 13 percent! This is the hormone that may help you woo a woman, improves cognitive ability, increases libido and improves erections (For men. But you knew that), strengthens bones, increases muscle mass, and decreases body fat.
So as you can see, there can be much to gain from giving a wine or two with that bloke or bird that you already had an eye on. (Research suggests that the same benefits detailed above cannot be had by dancing with partners of the same sex of where there is no physical attraction.)
Listen to Highlanda Sound at Electric Dancehall Atlanta live (8_20_16) Explicit by HIGHLANDA SOUND #Reggae #np on #SoundCloud
I’m pleased to announce the newest cocktail on the menu at WildPitch Music Hall is “The Highlanda,” featuring top shelf Jamaican rum.
And what better way to debut a new cocktail than with a drink special? Order “The Highlanda” for just $5, all night at electric dancehall!
Cheers!!! “I’m drinking rum, and red bull..”
Here is a video recap of what to expect at #electricdancehall.
Here is a quick informational piece about Electric Dancehall from the official host, DREGGAE.
Here is the world famous DJ MARS sharing tips on getting into (and beating the line) for this highly anticipated inaugural special event. Here’s a hint: get there early.
Now, if the wicked talented DJ Line-up and top rated dance music venue complete with a new patio and $5 Highlanda drink special aren’t enough to convince you, then check out this article to see why Mike Jordan, author at Thrillist, included Electric Dancehall in his “things to do in Atlanta this weekend” article.
Don’t miss your chance to grab your spot – the event’s filling up fast!
These discounted tickets will be available until Friday, July 8th so you have 2 days to secure your spot and save $$.