This is the latest episode of the ‘Dancehall Now’ podcast. Hear an hour-long mix co-hosted by Shooks SLR with the best Soca of 2013 plus the hottest new dancehall riddims.
The Featured Soca Riddim is D’Gaping Riddim Produced by O.S. Productions and the Featured Soca Single is Fantastic Fridays by Super Blue.
Featured Dancehall riddims include the Top Shelf Riddim Produced by Tall King Production and Esco, the Double Muffler Riddim Produced by Locke Da City Music Group and Truckback Records, the Voyage Riddim Produced by Kheilstone Music and the Sparkling Rididm Produced by Twelve 9 Records and Zionnoiz Freeze Records.
You will hear artists Shooks SLR, T.O.K, Capleton, Romain Virgo, Daville, ZJ Liquid, Elephant Man, Beenie Man, Laza Morgan and more…
- Bounty Killer, I-Octane, Spice Rule Reggae Sumfest Dancehall Night [PHOTO] (worldtvhype.com)
- Meet the female MCs bringing ‘gyal power’ to dancehall (repeatingislands.com)
- Music Review: Dreadsquad ft. Everton Chambers – Better World 7″ (freegankolektiva.wordpress.com)
- Tiana sizzles with new single, ‘Touch Like The World Ago End’ (examiner.com)
- Belize’s Tanya Carter Releases “Mr. DJ Boy” (repeatingislands.com)
- Diving Into the Ragga Rabbit Hole (tuesdayswithhorry.wordpress.com)
- Dancehall Now Podcast Episode 67 (2013 Singles) (highlanda.net)
Top flight Reggae/Dancehall artiste Mr. Vegas, who is known for heart tugging compositions such as Do You Know (2006) and more recently Black and Proud, has once again affirmed his place in the Jamaican reggae scene with a new and provocative Reggae jam titled Love Yourself.
This powerful song, co-produced by Mr. Vegas and Troy Mclean of First Name Music, was created while Vegas was vibing to a beat presented to him by Troy Mclean and addresses issues associated with true love, not love of money or vanity.
The track, laced over a true reggae beat, addresses issues of self worth and like Black and Proud, seeks to inspire fans to build their self confidence and self worth. With lines like, ” Yuh cah find true love if yuh a run down wealth Some Nuh want Nuh love dem want physiological help.” Mr. Vegas connects with current issues and concerns within the society.
According to Mr. Vegas, “The song is telling everyone to love themselves before anyone else….have self respect and appreciate life. Love Yourself was written when I just was holding a vibe and thinking about what people go through to reach stardom… the song is on the Selection Riddim and artistes such as Capleton, Christopher Martin and Sizzla have voiced on it.”
He has already started preparations to shoot the video for Love Yourself and his latest single Give It To Har.
Mr. Vegas promises fans that the video for Love Yourself will be innovative and will seek, like the song, to inspire change, “This song is very important to me as it addresses issues that not only affect people in my field but also many people in society who struggle with their identity and self-worth. The song is meant to inspire and so will the video”
This summer Mr. Vegas will then hit the road again, adding Europe to his list of performances on a summer tour.
- Reggae icon Luciano added to Montreal International Reggae Festival line-up (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Interview: Frenchie, 20 Years of Maximum Sound (repeatingislands.com)
- ROOTS ROCKING REGGAE VOL. 3 AVAILABLE in stores (highlanda.net)
- Respect to release Scorned, the roots reggae CD recorded by the legendary reggae artist! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Italian Reggae Artist Alborosie Releases Sound The System (highlanda.net)
- Reggae summer feast shines the light on Jamaica’s rhythms (repeatingislands.com)
- The Reggae Legends show – (methinksmediablog.wordpress.com)
Junior Kelly is a major force in the world of reggae music today.
He hit it big in 1999 with the single “Love So Nice“. Since then, he released at least one album a year.
He also collaborated with all the best dancehall artists like Capleton, Anthony B, Luciano and many others. Between 2001 and 2005, he released many hits like “Can’t Get Away”, “Clean Heart”, “One Love” or “Jah Jah Live On” and “Rasta Should Be Deeper”.
From his early life as a youth in Jamaica to becoming one of the most popular reggae artists on the festival network, Junior Kelly has always fought and preached for social justice, economic equality and freedom for all in and through his songs and performances. They are filled with messages for the betterment of all people. This year’s tour will be amazing in all sense.
- 20 Radical Rasta Styles – From Rainbow Rasta Toques to Rainbow Rasta-Inspired Runners (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Fervent fans mark Marley’s birthday in Jamaica (sacbee.com)
- Dancehall and Reggae’s Top Rated 50 Songs of 2012 (highlanda.net)
- Reggae Royalty “Morgan Heritage” Gives Fans the Perfect Love Song (highlanda.net)
- Bunny Wailer Threatening To Sue Snoop Lion For Being a Fraudulent Rasta (biglonpromo.com)
For Tickets Click On The Poster
- REVIEW: Reggae Sumfest Dancehall Night was Scorching! (dextercommunications.wordpress.com)
- Bounty Killer, Dario & Delus, Iyara, Konshens, Munga & Gyptian – Money Up Riddim Mix (ddmboss.wordpress.com)
- Fras Twinz Music Presents ‘Happy Daze Riddim’ (highlanda.net)
- Voices of Sweet Jamaica – Single and Video (highlanda.net)
With 20 + years in the business, Capleton aka King Shango continues to blaze the fire. Following a relationship with Def Jam records, who released two Capleton albums, Prophecy and I-Testament, which featured memorable collaborations with rap stars like Method Man and Q-Tip. Both records were warmly accepted by the international audience, but as the millennium drew to a close, Capleton sensed that it was time to return to his core audience…
- Highlanda Sound LIVE at Reggae Vault Classics Vol. 15 (2 hrs. Audio) (highlanda.net)
- The Music of Leroy Smart Featured (highlanda.net)
- Toots & the Maytals: The reggae riddim kings (standard.co.uk)
- Sirius XM Announces Town Hall With Ziggy Marley (siriusbuzz.com)
- Princess of Reggae Music Etana Interview (highlanda.net)
- Jah Works: Baltimore’s Bomb Squad (midnightraverblog.com)
Virgo, who left the island on Wednesday is also expected to release a video for his recent single, Taking You Home on Donovan Germain’s Big Stage Riddim, next week. Virgo, who also recently returned to the island after his one month US tour alongside Capleton and Munga Honorable, is excited about his first solo European stint.
“It’s going to be a different vibe holding down shows in Europe on my own, but I’m ready for it. I’ve been putting in a lot of work, and the fans are excited about what I have to offer, so that’s what I focus on, doing great performances instead of being nervous,” he said.
When Virgo returns to the island fans can look out for the singer who is known for his hits Can’t Sleep, Wanna Go Home, Love Doctor, Who Feels It Knows It and more, on shows including GT Taylor’s Christmas Xtravaganza and others.
2 Trod Up A Zion
4 Forgive Them feat. Capleton
5 Respect Due feat. Don Carlos
6 Give Thanks
7 World Too Haunted feat. Bounty Killer
9 Dance Nah Keep Again feat. Dennis Brown
11 One Blood
DOWNLOAD Media files
Related articles by Zemanta
- Dancehall Now and The Top Rated Eight at 8 Countdown – February 16, 2010 (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- Judge denies bail for Jamaica rapper Bounty Killer (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Highlanda to feature Bob Marley and Dennis Brown on Reggae Vault Classics (highlanda.wordpress.com)