If you have been looking for a spectacular night of live reggae music infused with the cultural flair of conscious lyrics and unforgettable rhythms, then look no further.
RBG Alliance presents a CRC for you – a Conscious Reggae Concert.
The event will feature Ijahknowah backed by the BRAP band and special guest artist Endel i.
Highlanda Sound will open the night from the DJ booth with musical selections related to the event’s theme.
Find details on this new Conscious Reggae Concert Series page, event page here and ticket site here.
As far as researchers understand, dance has been a way for potential mates to be noticed. That especially rings true for the animal kingdom. From birds of paradise to spiders and insects, dance can separate the suitors from the spectators.
The reason for the development of dance among humans, however, is not as well comprehended. Evolutionists certainly attach to the theory that, just like our animal neighbors, dance has been a way to sift out the best mate for family rearing. Apart from the potentially long-term benefits of having your genes passed on to another generation, dancing has more short term health benefits as well, especially when referencing partner dancing.
The history of partner dancing in the Caribbean is colorful and varied but, arguably, the most popular of such is wining. This is where two individuals, usually a male and female who are attracted to one another, dance in rhythm while in constant contact with the hip area of each other’s bodies. Because of the very unique and seductive style of this type of dance, research has been able to shine some light on the effects this type of dance has on the human body.
Consider these physiological responses your body has to wining.
- Raises the Beat: This type of dance will increase your heart rate and allowing your heart to pump faster in short periods will promote better heart health and more efficient blood circulation.
- Gets you High, Naturally: Dopamine is the chemical that mediates pleasure in the brain. It is released during pleasurable situations and stimulates one to seek out the pleasurable activity or occupation.
- Gives you a Chill Pill: The initial anticipation of a nice wine from an attractive person can be stressful, and in response, our bodies release a hormone called Cortisol. Cortisol stimulates gluconeogenesis (the formation of glucose) and activates anti-stress and anti-inflammatory pathways. (..allowing the ride to be smooth consuming..)
- Your senses get a Front Row Seat: Being that close during a wine allows your subconscious to get a better “view” at a potential love interest. Pheromone levels peaks, pupils may constrict or widen (depending on the level of attraction), supplemental touching may or may not ensue, breathing may become erratic, and other indicators our subconscious calculates in order to determine if that person will be worth an investment beyond the wine. (..harder to do when preeing from across a dark dancehall..)
- A Boost of Manly: For men (and women, minimally) , the hormone testosterone can peak up to 13 percent! This is the hormone that may help you woo a woman, improves cognitive ability, increases libido and improves erections (For men. But you knew that), strengthens bones, increases muscle mass, and decreases body fat.
So as you can see, there can be much to gain from giving a wine or two with that bloke or bird that you already had an eye on. (Research suggests that the same benefits detailed above cannot be had by dancing with partners of the same sex of where there is no physical attraction.)
Join this unique flavorful retro #reggae international celebration in Atlanta.
Join our mailing list and get tickets by visiting this link.
A portion of the proceeds from Rub-A-Dub ATL will be donated to help the poor orphans affected by Hurricane Matthew in Haiti. Please visit https://goo.gl/Uyb2kF to purchase your tickets or purchase at WildPitch Music Hall.
The reggae party soundtrack will be complemented by authentic Jamaican spices – Jerk Chicken to be exact. This Sunday come out early (8pm) to WildPitch Music Hall and treat yourself to Rub-A-Dub ATL.
For the next Rub-A-Dub ATL, warm up with a special – $5 cocktails featuring Wray & Nephew Overproof White Rum imported from Jamaica (available until 10pm). *Enjoy responsibly. https://goo.gl/Uyb2kF.
Sounds by: Highlanda Sound and DJ Passport Guest DJ: John Wayne Movements Free Jerk Chicken until 10pm provided by Webba’s Jerk Hut $3 Heineken, Guinness, and Red Stripe until 10pm Doors open 8pm – Midnight Ladies FREE until 9:30pm General Admission $10 at the door / $5 in advance **A portion of the proceeds will benefit Hurricane victims in Haiti** Every second Sunday, join one of the most unique international monthly events in Atlanta and experience a flavorful retro reggae celebration, WildPitch Music Hall