Highlanda.net and The Honorary Citizen present RUB-A-DUB – A style of Jamaican Reggae emerging in the 70’s and 80’s, the term “Rub-a-Dub” comes from a dance style where the man and woman rub up very close together. This takes place Sunday October 18th at The Sound Table located at 483 Edgewood Avene with music by DJ Empress Rah, alongside DJ Passport and also Highlanda Sound. Doors open promptly at 8pm for this Free Party.
In order to maximize efficiency, going forward the Dancehall Now and Reggae Vault Classics radio shows will be combined and condensed. Elements from each show will be part of a new show entitled ‘DA MUSIC VAULT with Kahlil Wonda,’ set to debut on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013.
This exciting new program will be centered around the highest QUALITY music and artists from the Caribbean, both modern and classic.
The Tuesday time slot formerly occupied by the Dancehall Now show will be reassigned and ‘DA MUSIC VAULT’ will air weekly from 6pm to 9pm Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday evenings via Daflavaradio.com with syndication in The Gambia, California, and Connecticut. Please tune in and stay tuned for more.
- Dancehall Now Top Rated 8 Songs of the Week 9-17-13 (highlanda.net)
- Dancehall Now 9-17-13 Featured Singles Podcast (highlanda.net)
- Dancehall Now Top Rated Eight Countdown – September 10, 2014 (highlanda.net)
- Featured Dancehall Now Singles – September 10, 2013 (highlanda.net)
- Mixcloud Award At The International Radio Festival 2013 (mixcloud.com)
The ‘80s was the age of dancehall and Lloyd ‘Jammy’ James was King. King Jammys’ label churned out hit after hit, while his Sound System ruled the streets of Jamaica.
Listen to this Reggae Vault Classics Featured Icon segment paying tribute to the pioneering producer that forever changed the sound of reggae music.
- Music from Jamaica – Johnny Osbourne (xworldmusic.wordpress.com)
- Reggae Vault Classics Features Henry “Junjo” Lawes & Hits From Volcano (highlanda.net)
- Michael Rose w/ Black Uhuru & Yabby You “Born Free” (midnightraverblog.com)