Cocoa Tea’s voice is smooth and easy-going, yet very powerful. He was one of the most popular artists in Jamaica during the 1980s and went on to international stardom in the 1990s.
77 – Reggae Lover Podcast – The Very Best of Cocoa Tea (1984 – 1994)
This episode focuses mostly on selections from his early catalog – songs released on the Volcano, Jammy’s and VP record labels from 1984 to 1994. This is sweet sweet Cocoa Tea!
SOUNDCLOUD: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD OR PLAY EPISODE.
APPLE PODCAST: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN VIA ITUNES.
GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
TUNE IN RADIO: FAVORITE AND LISTEN HERE.
STITCHER RADIO: SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN HERE.
Diseases Riddim Mix | Reggae Lover by Highlanda Sound | Episode 66
The Diseases riddim, which is sometimes referred to or known as the Golden Hen riddim is featured here.
I call it the Worries in the Dance Riddim, but the original version of the instrumental was used for the song entitled “Mad Mad Mad” produced in the 1960s by Coxsone Dodd for his Studio One label featuring Alton Ellis on the main vocals. Therefore the original name of this riddim is Mad Mad Mad.
This mix starts with Mad Mad Mad by Alton Ellis and goes all the way to Sizzla in the end. Thank you for listening to the #ReggaeLoverPodcast
- Alton Ellis – Mad Mad Mad
- Louie Lepke – Jamaica On My Mind
- Stevie Face – Can’t Go Round It
- Dennis Brown – Coming Home Tonight
- Don Carlos – I’m Not Crazy
- Linval Thompson – Look How Me Sexy
- Frankie Paul – Sindie
- Frankie Paul – Worries In The Dance
- Sister Nancy – Ain’t no Stopping Nancy Now
- Anthony B – Fire Bun Now
- Yellowman – I’m Getting Married
- Yellowman – I’m Getting Divorced
- Toyan – Barry G
- Sister Nancy – Coward of the Country
- Michael Palmer – Lick Shot
- Half Pint – Soul Mate
- Tenor Saw – Golden Hen
- Shinehead – Rough and Rugged
- Cocoa Tea – I’ve Lost My Sonia
- Michigan and Smiley – Diseases
- Josey Wales – Leggo Me Hand Gateman
- Iba Mahr – Set Away
- Bugle – Same Game
- Sizzla – Sekkle Dung
SOUNDCLOUD: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD, OR PRESS PLAY BELOW TO LISTEN NOW.
APPLE PODCAST: SUBSCRIBE OR LISTEN VIA ITUNES.
GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC: SUBSCRIBE OR LISTEN HERE.
STITCHER RADIO: SUBSCRIBE OR LISTEN HERE.