Etana is happy to announce her first headlining North American tour in support of her critically-acclaimed third studio album Better Tomorrow on VP Records.
The reggae songstress kicked off the tour Thursday night in Decatur, GA and will continue to headline shows in over 20 U.S. cities – spanning the South, Northeast, Midwest and Western region.
In addition to these more intimate club dates, she will be performing at major stage shows, including Portland’s Northwest World Reggae Festival, Austin Reggae Festival, Summer Jam 2013 in West Palm Beach, FL as well as the Irie Music Festival in Toronto, Canada. See most up-to-date tour schedule below.
Etana will be accompanied by her four-piece band and two back-up vocalists on the road to give fans the ultimate listening experience, which she captured on her latest effort Better Tomorrow.
The new album is a marked departure from her previous material, including The Strong One (2008) and Free Expressions (2011), and is a true testament to her evolved sound. Etana’s indomitable spirit and inspiring songwriting uplifts generations both old and new on a Better Tomorrow.
Check out her most recent video for the album’s contagious single “Reggae”:
Instead of incorporating Jamaica’s popular digital riddims, she chose to be backed by all live instrumentation. The album’s primary producer, Shane C. Brown of Kingston’s Juke Boxx Productions, and Stanley “Rellee” Hayden of A-Team Music executed her vision.
She recorded all fourteen tracks at Kingston’s legendary Tuff Gong Studios with Jamaica’s finest modern-day musicians – including saxophonist Dean Fraser, guitarist Lamont Savory, keyboarist Kevon Webster, drummer Kirk Bennett, bassist Aeion Hoilett and percussionist Uziah “Sticky” Thompson.
“I wanted this album to feel like a concert performance and have everything go together, like chapters in a book, with all of the tracks played live by musicians (not digitally generated),” Etana explained.
U.S. TOUR DATES:
Jun 27 @ Vibes Nite Club in Decatur, GA
Jun 28 @ Club Caribbean in New Orleans, LA
Jun 29 @ Groove Station in Kansas City, MO
Jun 30 @ Sky Lounge in Mishawaka, IN
Jul 02 @ One Pelham East in Newport, RI
Jul 04 @ Frankies in Pittsburgh, PA
Jul 06 @ Key Club in Newark, NJ
Jul 10 @ Echoplex in Los Angeles, CA
Jul 11 @ The New Parish in Oakland, CA
Jul 12 @ World Beat Cultural Center in San Diego, CA
Jul 13 @ Irie Music Festival in Toronto, Canada
Jul 14 @ Moe’s Alley in Santa Cruz, CA
Jul 16 @ Las Vegas Country Saloon in Las Vegas, NV
Jul 18 @ Copper Club in Ogden, UT
Jul 19 @ Cervantes’ Other Side in Denver, CO
Jul 20 @ The Hailey Rodeo Park in Hailey, ID
Jul 21 @ Rocky Point Cantina in Tempe, AZ
Jul 24 @ Zebra Lounge in Bozeman, MT
Jul 26 @ Nectar Lounge in Seattle, WA
Jul 27 @ Northwest World Reggae Festival in Portland, OR
Aug 24 @ Austin Reggae Festival in Austin, TX
Sept 1 @ Summer Jam 2013 in West Palm Beach, FL
- Alpha Blondy’s upcoming album Mystic Power available June 30 (highlanda.net)
- New Videos : MORGAN HERITAGE / GYPTIAN / FREDDIE McGREGOR / ETANA and compilation RAGGA RAGGA RAGGA 2013 / VARIOUS ARTISTS (reggay.se)
- Music Monday ~ Tears Always Win – Alicia Keys (jonellg.wordpress.com)
- America’s Best Music Scenes (local.answers.com)
- Interview with Protoje> as he prepares for his “Music From My Heart”, World tour (reggaeconvert.wordpress.com)
- Eddie Murphy And Snoop Lion Duet On Their Reggae Song Redlight! (perezhilton.com)
On April 30, Meta and The Cornerstones will release their sophomore album Ancient Power.
Lead singer Meta Dia born in Senegal, West Africa, is a self-taught musician who by age 14 was performing on the streets and stages in his hometown of Dakar, Senegal.
Now proclaimed the next African Reggae Voice, Meta’s unforgettable vocals are complemented by the incomparable sounds of his band.
Fusing Reggae, Afro-Pop, Hip-Hop, Rock, and Soul music with passionate lyrics in English, French, Wolof and Fulani, Meta and The Cornerstones music is warm and embodying, immensely addictive and destined to forever change the dynamics of Reggae music.
Recorded in Kingston, Jamaica at the one and only Tuff Gong Studios, Ancient Power is executive produced by Meta Dia and co-produced by Sidney Mills.
The album features guest collaborations with reggae vocalist Damian Marley and talented musicians like Dean Fraser, Julian Marley, Mikey Chung, Wayne “C-Sharp” Clarke and Wilburm “Squidly” Cole.
- Reggae Message: Come we go chant down Babylon with Music… Bob Marley (youthandeldersja.wordpress.com)
- Timeless Concert From Maxi Priest and Kes the Band (highlanda.net)
Belizean Reggae superstar Eljai is set to release a brand new single & EP “For You” on iTunes Tuesday April 9, through Jah Mix Entertainment/VPAL Music.
The EP includes new songs “Beautiful” “Fyah Blaze” and “Gimmi.” Guest musicians include Dean “Cannon” Fraser, Paul Kastick, Kirk Bennett and Carol “Bowie” McLaughlin.
Check out the video now.. “For You”:
- Reggae Royalty “Morgan Heritage” Gives Fans the Perfect Love Song (highlanda.net)
- New Reggae Single & Video: New Kingston – “Life” (highlanda.net)
- The International Top Rated 8 Dancehall/Reggae Songs 2-12-13 (highlanda.net)
- A Conversation with Ryan Moore of Twilight Circus Sound System (midnightraverblog.com)
Kingston University captures the true essence of New Kingston’s self-proclaimed genre, reggae crossover.
And for this, their second full-length album, they have found a sound reminiscent of Bob Marley & The Wailers, mixed with Boys II Men. This unique blend of music makes ‘KU,’ as the album is dubbed, one for all types of listeners.
New Kingston’s growth musically, and as men, are showcased in this release, which features the increasingly-popular J Boog, Jamaican-born jazz great Monty Alexander, the legendary Dean Fraser and newcomer J Classiq.
For more information including band news and upcoming tour dates, log on to NewKingstonMusic.com.
- Fans mark Bob Marley’s birthday in Jamaica (thegrio.com)
- King of Reggae, Bob Marley lives on… (vanguardngr.com)
- Spotlight: Get To Know Jesse Royal (highlanda.net)
- Fras Twinz Production Team Live Interview on Dancehall Now (highlanda.net)