Highlanda Sound with Ras Fraser Jr. and Little Twitch on Youtube:
Highlanda Sound with Kahlil Wonda selecting the riddims, featuring Little Twitch and Ras Fraser Jr. performing live at Rocksteady ATL. Recorded live on Friday October 2, 2015 at Studio No. 7 in downtown Atlanta. Also in the area to touch the microphone is Jahfyah Kush. #RocksteadyATL is a roots reggae session monthly on #1stFridays
Highlanda Sound ft. Ras Fraser Jr. and Little Twitch on Soundcloud with download link:
Highlanda Sound ft. Ras Fraser Jr. and Little Twitch on Mixcloud:
DJ Passport segment on Soundcloud with download link:
Roots selector DJ Passport juggling from Ska to current reggae revival anthems live at Atlanta’s reggae 1st Friday, #RocksteadyATL inside Studio No. 7.
Isis Swaby segment on Soundcloud with download link:
Featured at #RocksteadyATL our special guest DJ, Rockers International and Radio Kangol representative out of NYC, Empress Isis Swaby, visual artist, DJ/producer and daughter of famed reggae icon Horace “Augustus Pablo” Swaby.
Canadian based production house, Street Digital Records recently released the very powerful, Reggae Land Riddim, on which was featured songs from Sizzla Kalonji, Karamanti and Street Digital’s own, Keron Williams. The overall project has been doing well on Reggae radio programs around the world with three specific tracks gaining traction on commercial media: Sizzla Kalonji’s “Make It Right” (original and remix), Karamanti’s “Domestic Abuse” and Keron William’s “Di Lovin”.
Veteran artist Sizzla Kalonji is in his element on the track “Make It Right.” Many have said that this song reminds them of Sizzla Kalonji when he just came on the scene delivering powerful messages on authentic Reggae beats. Karamanti also remains in her element as she talks about the controversial issue of “Domestic Abuse,” something that happens at an alarming rate in Jamaica. And finally, Keron Williams, who is fairly new on the international scene, manages to capture the listener’s ear with his track “Di Lovin.” Of all songs on the Reggae Land Riddim, these three are in heavy radio rotation worldwide with the videos from Karamanti and Sizzla Kalonji getting consistent television airtime.
All songs on the Reggae Land Riddim can be purchased directly from Street Digital Records by visiting their website here.
View Full List: Top Reggae Songs of 2013
GAME ON LOCK ENTERTAINMENT and EASTLINK RECORDS release Gyptian – Come Over Remix feat. Makia Downing
(Official Music Video)
http://www.GameOnLock.com RELEASES HOT NEW SINGLE “COME OVER”
- Gyptian’s “Non Stop” Featured On Ragga Ragga Ragga 2013 (highlanda.net)
- Gyptian – Hold You (kysevenkuroi.wordpress.com)
- ‘Shabba’ Video (ashleightayladk.wordpress.com)
- Music Video: A$AP Ferg feat. A$AP Rocky – Shabba (highbrowhiphop.com)
Young, Gifted & Yellow is a 2 CD / DVD Anthology of the legendary Yellowman the inimitable deejay whose style and originality broke Jamaican dancehall to international acclaim in the mid 1980s.
In stores now, the deluxe package includes:
– 40 re-mastered tracks including rare & classic favorites
– A full 25 minute concert performance DVD recorded at Reggae Sunsplash in 1988
– Sleeve notes written by Reggae historian Noel Hawkes
- Reggae Sunsplash 1981 (midnightraverblog.com)
- Damian Marley to rock the boat on reggae cruise (caribbean360.com)
- Montreal International Reggae Festival 2013: first wave of artists announced (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Laza Morgan Named Musical Ambassador for National Caribbean American Heritage Month (highlanda.net)
- Damian Marley (repeatingislands.com)
- Karamanti’s Positive Dancehall Reigns Victorious (highlanda.net)
Global marketing/promotions group Irish and Chin, who specializes in Reggae/Dancehall entertainment, recently hosted two reggae songs versus one dancehall track on their weekly 45 clash competition. The competition allows the public to listen and vote for the song that they think is the best and should be the next big thing.
The clash which ran from June 3rd to June 10th featured “One Bag A Reggae” by Ishabel (reggae), “Have You Lost Somebody” by Tydal (reggae) and “Pack Up & Run” by Karamanti (dancehall).
The public overwhelmingly voted for Karamanti’s “Pack Up & Run” which is to be the next single off her new album entitled Dancehall Retaliates. Karamanti is very pleased with the victory and says that this is confirmation that dancehall music can be just as positive as reggae.
Listen to “Pack Up & Run” here. Watch the Dancehall Retaliates Documentary here;
- SLY & ROBBIE PRESENT DANIELLE “DI” – THE REBEL, Now In Stores (highlanda.net)
- Charterhouse Fired By Blakk Rasta (spyghana.com)
- Assassin Speaks on His “Yeezus” Feature (complex.com)
- Interview Witrh IWAN (glitzghana.com)
- “Pull It Up” with Sly and Robbie, first single from Stephanie’s debut EP ‘Real Woman’ (highlanda.net)