Lately dancehall veteran Sizzla Kalonji has been engaged in a serious lyrical battle with new comer Khago. Music critiques have openly complained that Sizzla is taking it too far as he has made references to Khago’s mother and gotten very personal in his songs. Not seeming to care, Kalonji continues on the war path by now calling out hip-hop artist Snoop Dog.
When inquiries were made by MJE as to why Sizzla is now verbally attacking Snoop Dog, we were given two stories. Firstly we were told that Snoop recently publicly announced that he has officially converted to the Rasta faith. He was in Jamaica and apparently visited several locations that are considered secret in the Rasta Religion. Sizzla was allegedly not pleased with his actions while at these locations and has decided to call him out on it. The other story we were told is that Snoop was to collaborate with Sizzla on a track while he was in Jamaica but because he did not show up at the studio, Sizzla took offence.
Regardless which story is accurate, persons can listen to the song and decide for themselves. It is on the “sickness riddim” which was produced by Lyon House Muzik and executive produced by Maria Jackson Entertainment. Also on the riddim is Karamanti who has been getting a lot of flack as well because she starts her song by saying “Kalonji me agree, mi listen & mi pre.” Karamanti however, has made it clear that she was not saying that she agrees with the things Sizzla was saying about Snoop but more about the injustices he touched on in his song.
Listen to the “sickness riddim.”
- USVI Artist, Jahman, Set To Release Album “Diamonds and Pearls” (theindustrycosign.wordpress.com)
- 50 Cent – “You Will Never Take My Crown” [LISTEN/DOWNLOAD] (hiphopwired.com)
- Snoop Dogg clarifies the meaning of Girls’ Generation’s “Biscuits” (allkpop.com)
This Saturday August 29th, calling All Atlanta Metro-Area Educators, Family & Friend’s from APS, COBB, FULTON, GWINNETT, DEKALB, CLAYTON, HENRY, and COWETA counties.
Davinci’s will host the ball on Saturday night. REGGAE, DANCEHALL AND SOCA BY HIGHLANDA SOUND ON THE SPACIOUS COVERED OUTDOOR PATIO and mainstream, Hip-Hop, R & B, new school and old school provided by DJ Cowboy of V103.3 FM.
Not since Vegas Nights on Cobb Pkwy has the north side seen a sexier venue than Davinci’s! Located at the intersection of Windy Hill Rd & Powers ferry Rd. Just Diagonal from Houston’s Restaurant. Davinci’s features 4 fully stocked bars, an outdoor patio, a giant stage complete with a fly sound and light system, and 5 exclusive VIP sections!
The dress code is always Fly & Impressive, and will be strictly enforced!
Ladies: Dresses, Skirts, Heels
Fellas: Blazers, Dress Shirts, Polos, Hard Bottom Shoes.
We will invoke the right to be selective!
The ORIGINAL Urban Teachers Ball Is Here! Teachers, Professors, Principals, Counselors, Social Workers, Resource Officers, Family & Friends a like will be in attendance. The Metro Atlanta Teachers Association has started a movement and wants your help in reaching their goals. The Metro Atlanta Teachers Association’s overall goal is to be an organization dedicated to the professional and social advancement of educators in metropolitan Atlanta.
Thus, to make this happen, they are asking of Everyone:
#1. Join the Metro Atlanta Teachers Association mailing list by visiting the Urban Teachers Ball website: www.urbanteachersball.com
* Please provide your personal email addresses so that we can keep everyone in the loop.
#2. SPREAD THE WORD! Pass the emails along. Tell people about the site. Support The Event and Join the movement.
To inquire about being involved with M.A.U.T.A. email: Info@urbanteachersball.com
Thanks For Your time! M.A.U.T.A. http://www.URBANTEACHERSBALL.com
Related articles by Zemanta
- NCR moves headquarters to Georgia (money.cnn.com)
Dances by YOU: Nuh Linga, Sweep, Dip Again, Tek Way Yourself, Wibble Wabble, Couple Up, Tic Toc, Dutty Wine, Hot Wuk, Badman Forward, Stookie, Room Ram, Hoola Hoop, Killer Walk, Prezzie Bounce, Mavado Rock, Last Man Standing, Daggering, Swag It Up, Cut Dem Off, Gaza and Gully, Calm Dem Down, Gully Creepa, and more…
Convenient Location, Free Parking, Outdoor Covered Patio, Pool Table, Mature Clientele, Relaxed Dress Code, Caribbean Food Menu Until Midnight, World Class Top-Shelf Bar Staff, Bottle Service and VIP available.
Email guest list names to RSVP@extremeatlanta.com
Related articles by Zemanta
- Dancehall Now Special Mother’s Day Mega Mix (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- Dancehall Now Episode 20 – Freedom of Speech (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- Jamaica bans sex and violence in broadcast music (cbc.ca)
- Review: Mavado’s “Mr Brooks: A Better Tomorrow (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- T.I. – Dead And Gone (feat. Justin Timberlake) [Single] (idiomag.com)
- Dancehall Now 19 – Spring 2009 New Releases (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- Jamaica bans explicit sex and violence from airwaves (ctv.ca)
- SanDisk Offers New slotRadio Music Cards (ubergizmo.com)
- Pho Shizzle (seattleweekly.com)
- Mini MPC 2000XL Sampler and SP1200 Drum Machine USB Flash Drives [Memory] (gizmodo.com)
- Emergency Service (indieupdate.com)