View Full List: Top Reggae Songs of 2013
REGGAE AND DANCEHALL mix segment from September 10, 2013 BY ĀGARD and Kahlil Wonda of HIGHLANDA SOUND. Listen to hot new mixes live Every Tuesday on the Dancehall Now global reggae and dancehall radio show.
- ‘The Top Rated 8′ Dancehall Reggae Weekly Countdown (8/13/13) (highlanda.net)
- Tasha T, conscious reggae artist Dancehall Now Interview (highlanda.net)
- Mixshow Segment – Dancehall Now Episode 68 featuring Shooks (highlanda.net)
- Danny Avila goes dancehall with upcoming ‘Rasta Funk’ single (dancingastronaut.com)
- Reggae artist Cham on dancehall music, Miley Cyrus (rollingout.com)
- Anthony Malvo Releases New ‘Stronger’ Album (highlanda.net)
- Nicki Minaj and Mavado perform Give It All to Me live (madpeps.wordpress.com)
The Reggae Vault Classics Movement
- King Jammy’s Hit Songs: A History and Musical Mix (highlanda.net)
When: Every Wednesday 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. (EST)
Where: Daflavaradio.com and VibesFM 106.1 (Gambia)
How: Via Internet or Mobile Device
Hosted By: Highlanda Sound & Lady La Lee Bella of Moments of a Black Queen
Lady La Lee Bella of Moments of a Black Queen joins Highlanda Sound as host of Reggae Vault Classics (RVC).
Reggae Vault Classics is proud to announce its newest host and team member Ladylaleebella!
The weekly online radio voyage through the vault features the best Reggae, Classic Dancehall, Ska, and Rocksteady recorded in the 1960’s through to today. Tune In every Wednesday for a mid-week adventure spotlighting a treasure trove of Caribbean classics from legendary record labels, musicians, producers, and artistes.
This reggae exhibition is broken into segments of island news, events, facts, and profiles on local West Indian entrepreneurs. Listeners can expect special guest interviews, dialogue on popular topics, surprise segments…
View original post 62 more words
In this latest installment of Reggae Legends, Fred Locks is featured with a 4 CD box set.
The first 3 are classic albums and the fourth “Black Star Liner In Dub” is a new unreleased album. This box set contains 47 tracks of classic roots and dub.
- Masta Selecta & Reggae Resurrecta: Steve Barrow and the Rise and Fall of Blood & Fire (midnightraverblog.com)
- Shaggy and Hotly-Tipped New Rapper Bizerk Team Up with Producer Don Corleon on Celebratory New Single “Like To Party” (prweb.com)
This is Sound Quake’s first “official” dubplate mix ever and the first release from the Sound Quake Soundsystem after years. SOUND QUAKE is a REGGAE and DANCEHALL SOUNDSYSTEM responsible for founding Germany‘s first direct vinyl import link between Jamaica and continental Europe in the early 1990s. Today through the ongoing breakdown of the vinyl market the Sound Quake is focusing on the digital distribution of reggae and dancehall-related music.
- The Dubplates forge an alliance with their buddies in Jamaica (charlestoncitypaper.com)
- Chopstick Dubplate crew shares ‘Summer Sumting’ mixtape – Junglist Movement! (freegankolektiva.wordpress.com)
- One love: Traditional sound systems ‘stringing up’ in the UK (independent.co.uk)
- Hill and Gully Rider (ladygarfunkel.wordpress.com)
- Princess of Reggae Music Etana Interview (highlanda.net)
- Busy Signal’s ‘Reggae Music Again’ enjoys spike in sales (examiner.com)
- Highlanda Sound LIVE at Reggae Vault Classics Vol. 15 (2 hrs. Audio) (highlanda.net)
Good dad, loving husband, German reggae star: Gentleman is all these things. His latest album, Diversity, with its combination of smooth roots reggae and positive dancehall is a fluorescent game of deception with the many possibilities which reggae has to offer, and in its variation of the present state it has little to do with the reigning cliches of sunshine reggae. This, the vocalists fifth solo album features an amazing 19 songs which explore all the forms and hues that reggae music has to offer. The 28-track deluxe edition offers an extra helping of tracks and then Gentleman even has added a few more delicacies to download. Every collector will be in seventh heaven with quadruple vinyl and an opulent box set. Read on…
- How German Reggae Star Gentleman Found Success by Keeping It Real (repeatingislands.com)
- Damian Marley calls for Jamaica to revamp Reggae music (examiner.com)
- ELECTRO-HOUSE | Rusko – “Thunder” f/ Bonnie McKee [+ New Album ‘Songs’ Preview] (rawtracksmusic.com)
- Groundation Releases “Humility” (Official Music Video) HD (highlanda.net)
Saxophonist and producer Dean Fraser has assembled an all-star cast of singers and musicians to pay homage to an icon of reggae. ‘We remember Gregory Isaacs’ presents sixteen of the legendary vocalists most loved songs.
The life and music of Gregory Isaacs is celebrated by producer Dean Fraser and an international cast of vocalists on ‘We Remember Gregory Isaacs’. This collection of hits and lesser known Isaacs’ recordings includes a bonus disc of instrumental versions performed by producer and saxophonist Dean Fraser. Featured performers include Tarrus Riley singing ‘Front Door’ and ‘My Number One’ performed by Gyptian.
- Sirius XM Pays Tribute to Bob Marley (siriusbuzz.com)
Check out this blog from Japan with useful links, video clips, and content describing the reggae music scene out there among other things. Also now out of Yokohama, but still providing some of the finest reggae music mixed CDs to the world, check out Unity Sounds.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Interview: Bitty McLean (highlanda.wordpress.com)
- New Pokemon Center Opening In Japan [Only In Japan] (kotaku.com)
- Janet Jackson postpones Japan tour (ctv.ca)