I had the privilege of interviewing one of the most talented musicians from the United States, E.N Young, for Reggae Lover podcast episode 153 – dedicated to you, the #REGGAELOVER.
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THIS EPISODE NOW.
The California reggae scene has been thriving for some time now and vocalist/producer, E.N. Young, formerly of Tribal Seeds, has played a significant role in this success. This classically trained pianist who now plays several instruments including the Melodica fell in love with Jamaican music as a youth in San Diego. He talks candidly about his journey as I sought to learn more about the movement he is pushing in the name of reggae. By the end of our conversation, I definitely saw E.N as an authentic reggae ambassador.
Topics covered In this episode:
- 1:35 – 2019 Summer Daze Endless Nights Tour
- 2:21 – 4th studio album, Forest Wilderness released in 2018
- 3:57 – Working with Kelissa from Jamaica
- 5:45 – Collabs on the latest album (Half Pint, Peetah Morgan, Inna Vision, Meta and the Cornerstones)
- 6:56 – Love for playing the Melodica and linking with Addis Pablo
- 9:33 – Production and instrumentation from Imperial Sound Studios in San Diego
- 15:25 – Gaining inspiration as a teen (especially spiritual influence) from 70’s reggae
- 20:10 – Resistance from family members and society in general for embracing reggae culture
- 22:21 – The effects of reggae music on mankind.