Be there Easter Sunday April 5th as veteran selector Rico Vibes from Natural Vibes sound and Da Flava Radio.Com returns to the Sound Table for a special classic Reggae music set alongside Highlanda Sound System and DJ Passport. Doors open at 7pm, music turns up at 8pm, and admission is complimentary all night. Early arrival, as always, is strongly suggested for #RocksteadyATL.
This event was one of my highlights for carnival weekend in Atlanta. Look out for the Miami and New York installments of the Caribbean American Movers and Shakers Series coming soon.
Photos from Red Carpet Shelley
Photos from Rolling Out Magazine
- 12 Honorees to be recognized in Atlanta for 2013 Caribbean American Movers and Shakers (highlanda.net)
- US television and film star partners with CTO for Caribbean Week in New York (antiguaobserver.com)
- Fast Casual Releases 2013 Top 100 Movers & Shakers (virtual-strategy.com)
The announcement of the 12 honorees for the 2013 Caribbean American Networking and Social Media Series officially took place via Facebook on Monday May 6, 2013. The Networking and Social Media Series, will present savvy and innovative ways in advertising, and promoting to the cross cultural and international audience. Those attending the event will dive head first into the social media promotional gifts and giveaways throughout the night.
The annual recognition identifies professionals and civic minded individuals of Caribbean heritage, living in the metro Atlanta area, who have contributed to the multicultural community. This year’s honorees include: Film Producer Roger Bobb; Songwriters Rock City aka Planet VI; Reggae Ambassador: Gramps Morgan, Da Flava Radio: Rico Vibes, Star Time Inc: Levi MacSween, Radio Pioneer Glen Simmonds, The Whatz Happening Editor: Annette Lemonn; Film Producer: John P Wheatley; Georgia Caribbean Association President; Jackie Watson: Caribbean Star Magazine, and the Black Latino Council. The 2013 Caribbean American Movers and Shakers Networking Series includes a series of promotional events, in the prime markets of Atlanta, Georgia, New York City and Miami,Florida, throughout the year.
The Caribbean Media Network, in conjunction with affiliates, will host this memorable networking celebration on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at Atlanta’s new hot spot, Kouture (formerly Fins) Restaurant and Lounge, which is under new management by KCE Bars. This luxury venue is located in the heart of Midtown Atlanta,which will serve as an urban oasis for this year’s celebration. The event will start promptly at 7:00p.m.. (RSVP Required) .
The 2013 Atlanta Networking Event, will be hosted by Caribbean American Diva, Red Carpet Shelley, who serves as an ambassador of Caribbean entertainment, lifestyle, and culture. The atmosphere will be highlighted by the international Highlanda Sound along side some special invited guests.
For more information on RSVP and celebrity involvement: Please contact Caribbean Media Network at 404-455-2944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
@cmnusa @redcarpetshelle @highlanda
- Caribbean American Movers and Shakers Networking Series (highlanda.net)
- Caribbean American Carnival 2013 in Phoenix (mosoiradionews.wordpress.com)
- The Best Food in the world is Caribbean Food (sacdblog.wordpress.com)
- Joint Venture Promises Broadband Benefits with Potential Risks for Latin American, Caribbean Markets (circleid.com)
- The Bahamas tops Caribbean list for wealthy US visitors (caribbean360.com)
- Connecting the Caribbean with its overseas community (dominicantoday.com)