This episode of the Reggae Lover podcast produced by Highlanda Sound features a discussion with top-rated reggae promoter and videographer David “Driveway Cam.”
Click Pic to Play this Episode Now.
Driveway shares best practices for networking, marketing, and building a community using social media. We talk about his passion for dancehall culture, the mission to showcase Atlanta talent, and much more.
If you want a movement to go a certain way you need other people to help you get there. It is never on yourself.
No matter how much blood sweat and tears you put into it, If you don’t have a team or supporters, you only can go so far.
It’s a marketing strategy. If people know you’re willing to support them, then they’re more likely to support you.
DURING THE INTERVIEW WE TOUCHED ON:
- 5:38 – Driveway Cam’s dancehall videography explosion.
- 6:23 – The narrative: Atlanta selectors have talent.
- 7:29 – Difference between the NYC and ATL dancehall scenes?
- 9:37 – Difference between Jamaican and ATL dancehall scenes?
- 11:44 – Planning themed events & choosing talent (Rewind Sundays)
- 18:50 – Driveway’s Summer 2019 playlist & ATL top 5 artists.
- 22:23 – How to support and build a community using social media.
- 26:01 – Importance of having a strong network.
- 29:31 – Recruiting supporters and a good team.
- 31:41 – Prospects of Atlanta as a sound clash market.