According to The Sun, the ‘Rehab‘ singer changed her style from soul to reggae, and music executives aren’t happy.
“Amy was very productive during her stay in St Lucia. She wrote a hell of a lot of songs, but the majority of them just aren’t hitting the mark,” a source says.
“She seems to have ditched her trademark vintage soul sound and is now heavily influenced by reggae. Her bosses don’t think it’s a wise move to change her style so sharply and have told her that,” the source adds.
The troubled star’s lyrics are also causing some heads to turn.
“The lyrics are very dark indeed,” an insider tells the British tabloid.
The focus of her music seems to be her split from her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil.
“In the past, she’s written frequently about broken hearts and boyfriends, but this time round she’s delving into harrowing terrain,” the insider says.
Whatever Amy does next is crucial to her career.
“If she puts out a record that is in any way half-baked, that could severely damage her long-term prospects, so everyone’s focus at the minute is getting it right, even if that means telling Amy some things she probably won’t want to hear.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Amy Winehouse Goes Topless In The Caribbean (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Amy Winehouse Wants To Be A Caribbean Queen (idiomag.com)
- Amy Winehouse Narrowly Avoids Lawsuit After Accosting Tourist (inquisitr.com)
- Winehouse’s home robbed while singer vacations in Caribbean (cbc.ca)
- Amy Winehouse good for tourism says St Lucia (telegraph.co.uk)
- Amy Winehouse Pleads Not Guilty In Assault Case (idiomag.com)